Adobe Photoshop CC
Ep. 1 - Interface Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
• In this video we are going take a look at the Adobe Photoshop interface. I am going to show you around and introduce you to some of the things you need to be aware of before we start to use the program.
Ep. 17 - Paths & the Pen tool
• In this tutorial I am going to discuss the Pen tool and the concept of paths in Photoshop. I’ll be briefly discussing some examples and then demonstrate how the tool works, where you will have the option to follow along have have a go yourself.
Ep. 2 - Panels & Workspaces in Adobe Photoshop
• In this video I am going to show you how • to customise the panel layout to create a more comfortable workspace. Also I will be recommending the workspace that I find really effective.
Ep. 18 - Smart Objects
• In Photoshop there is a smart way of working with images to help maintain quality and a well organized document. For this it helps to use Smart objects. In this video tutorial I am going to be discussing the use of smart objects. I’ll be discussing why we use them and how to build them into a composition.
Ep. 3 - Raster Image Principles
• In this tutorial I want to discuss the basic principles of how images are represented and exist in Photoshop. If you’re new to Photoshop this will give you a good foundation of knowledge. This will also help you understand various other factors as we move on in this course.
Ep. 4 - Image size, Dimension, & Resolution Layers
• In this video I am going to discuss the difference between ‘Image size’, ‘image Dimensions’ and ‘Resolution’ in Photoshop. As you begin to create in Photoshop, it is essential you are familiar with the concept Photoshop uses to create images. It’s important early on that you are aware so you can create the right work to the right specification. This can be a tricky concept to understand at first, but when you do, you will be all the more confident using Photoshop.
Ep. 19 - Color Adjustments
• Up until this point on the course, we have mainly been looking at various tools that enable us to use the program, get hands on with image layers and create various elements in the canvas area. In Photoshop there is a huge range of color adjustments that can apply various effects to your photos and graphics. As you design in Photoshop you will often need to use color adjustments in order to satisfy your creative decisions. In this tutorial I am going to discuss adjustments in Photoshop. I’ll be showing you where to find them, how to use them and demonstrate a few common color adjustments. By the end of this tutorial you will have a good understanding of how Photoshop can apply various color effects to your images.
Ep. 5 - Layers
• Layers are the fundamental basis for any artwork created in Adobe Photoshop. In this video I will be introducing you to the layers panel. The layers panel, is the most important panel in Photoshop, Its from this panel that you will coordinate your entire composition. In this video we will be looking at all the things you need to know as a beginner.
Ep. 6 - Common File Types
• In this video I want to discuss a few common files types you will need to be aware of as you begin to use Photoshop. Its important to keep in mind that Photoshop can open and save multiple file formats.
Ep. 7 - Color
• In this tutorial I am going to demonstrate how the color panels work, demonstrate some of the color tools and talk about using the right color format. In Photoshop there are many ways to use color. It really comes down to what exactly you’re creating. If you’re creating artwork for digital and web, you will want to use RGB color and if you’re creating artwork for print you will need to use CMYK colors. You may want to use gradients, transparency or change your image into grayscale.
Ep. 20 - Adjustment Layers
• In Photoshop there is a feature that allows us to apply colour effects to our layers, very much the same as using adjustments but in a non destructive way. These are called adjustment layers. In this tutorial I will be discussing adjustment layers, how we use them and why we use them.
Ep. 21 - Filters
• One of the reasons why Photoshop is so popular is for the visual effects that can be achieved. In Photoshop there is a wide range of filters, that can apply various effects to your photos and graphics at a click of a button. As you design in Photoshop you may need to use these filters in order to satisfy your creative decisions to achieve a particular effect. In this tutorial I am going to discuss filters in Photoshop. I’ll be showing you where to find them, how to use them and demonstrate a few commonly used filters.
Ep. 22 - Blending Modes
• In Photoshop we have the ability to blend layers together. This opens up a new scope of creative possibilities. In this tutorial I am going to discuss blending modes and demonstrate what they are and how we can use them.
Ep. 8 - 10 Handy tips for beginners
• In this tutorial I am going to cover 10 handy tips that you should know as a beginner. The tips I am going to cover in this video are things that are going to improve your workflow and help you use the program effectively.
Ep. 23 - Saving
• In Photoshop once a project is complete, there are a wide range of formats you can save your image out to. It all comes down to what the image will be used for. In this tutorial I am going to discuss the process of saving. I’ll be talking about some of the things we need to consider and then save out to a couple of common file formats.
Ep. 9 - Making Selections
• In this tutorial we are going to look at how to use • one of the most common tools in Photoshop, the selection tools. As you begin to create in Photoshop, you will find that one of the most fundamental tools are the selection tools. The selection tools allows you to make and control particular selections in your canvas area. The created selections work as a focus which will allow you to make a whole series of creative decisions.
Ep. 10 - Copy & Paste
• In this tutorial we are going to look at one of the most common tasks performed in Photoshop: Copy and paste. As you create in Photoshop and work with multiple documents, you will be performing this task a lot to build your artwork. To copy and paste is a simple task, but as a beginner, it will help to know how to perform this task. In this video I will also be demonstrating a useful way to transfer creative elements from one document to another.
Ep. 24 - Setting up a Document
• So now we are getting into the ‘Create a Project’ section of this course, in the previous 23 episodes I introduced you to Photoshop, showcased some handy tips and we practised some essential tools and techniques. Now its time to take all that we have learnt and create a project from scratch. In this video we are going to begin our project by setting up a document in Adobe Photoshop for our book cover design ready for print. I will be taking you through some of the details you need consider as we set up a new document.
Ep. 25 - 3D Paper Type Effect
• Now its time to start building the creative elements to feature in the book cover design. In this tutorial I am going to discuss and demonstrate how you can create a 3D Type composition in Adobe Photoshop. Once created we will be using this in the main book cover for our book design.
Ep. 11 - Transform Tools
• As you create in Photoshop there will be occasions where you will want to change the size, shape and form of creative objects in your composition to meet your design and imagination. In this video I am going to discuss and demonstrate how to manipulate creative elements in our canvas area by using the transform tools.
Ep. 12 - Using Brushes
• In Photoshop, one of the most creative tools is the brush tool. As you create in Photoshop you will find the brush tool being used in all sorts of creative scenarios such as drawing, painting, erasing, refining, creating textures and masks. In this tutorial, I will be introducing you to the brush tool, demonstrating how it works and giving you some tips on what to look out for when using it.
Ep. 26 - Rainbow & Clouds Illustration
• In this tutorial we are going to look at how we can create a simple illustrative composition.
Ep. 27 - Manage Complexity and Working Smart
• In this tutorial we are going to bring together all the creative elements we created over the past two videos and place them into the book cover document. In this tutorial I will be demonstrating a smart way to manage complexity in Photoshop.
Ep. 28 - Decorating an Origami Paper Bird
• In this tutorial we are going to decorate an origami paper bird and I’ll be demonstrating the tools and techniques I used to make it. Later I will then place it into the main book cover composition as a smart object.
Ep. 13 - Eraser tool & Layer masking
• As you create in Photoshop, In order to craft your images and your composition you will often experience the challenging task of extracting various parts out of an image or removing parts away. In Photoshop there are various methods you can use to modify an image to cut a specific part out or remove away the parts you do not wish to include in your design.In this tutorial I am going to demonstrate a number of ways you can do this. Later in this video I will be recommending the best practice for such a task. I will also be referencing some additional videos I have created previously. These videos will go into more depth on some of the topics I will cover in this video.
Ep. 14 - Shape Tool
• In Photoshop we have a specific tool that can make shapes. This is called the shape tool. Using this tool over making shapes with the lasso and marquee tools will prove more flexible. In this video tutorial we will be looking at the shape builder tools and I will be demonstrating how to use them.
Ep. 15 - Type Principals
• As you start to get creative you may wish to add type to you compositions. In Photoshop we have the type tool. With all the creative capabilitiesin Photoshop you have a huge potential to be creative with type.In this tutorial we are going to be looking at the Type tool. I will be discussing the basic principles of how it works and then we can have a go at creating some examples.
Ep. 16 - Layer Styles
• In Photoshop we have a function called Layer styles. Layer styles offer a range of visual effects that you can be applied to layers within the layers panel. In this tutorial I am going to discuss the Layer style feature and later I will demonstrate some examples which you can follow along with.
Ep. 29 - Create an origami bird logo
• In this tutorial I am going to demonstrate how to create a polygonal bird logo from scratch.
Ep. 30 - Adding Type to the Design
• In this tutorial I am going to finish the book cover design by adding the final type elements.
Ep. 31 - Save for Print in Adobe Photoshop
• In this tutorial I am going to discuss and demonstrate how I will finalise the book cover design and look at how to export the artwork ready to be supplied to the printers for print.
Ep. 32 - Adapt a Print Design for a Web Banner
• In this tutorial I am going to discuss and demonstrate how I took a finished print design and from that created a digital web banner design to advertise the book online. The idea of this exercise is for you to experience how we can adapt a print design and export for web.
Ep. 33 - Save for Web in Adobe Photoshop
• In this tutorial we are going to learn how we can export media for web.