Adobe Illustrator CC
Ep. 1 - Interface Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
• In this tutorial we are going to introduce you to the Adobe Illustrator interface
Ep. 2 - Panels & Workspaces in Adobe Illustrator
• In this video I am going to show you how to customie the panel layout to create a more comfortable workspace. Also I will also be recommending my the workspace that I use that I find really effective.
Ep. 3 - Artboards in Adobe Illustrator
• In this video we are going to take a closer look at art boards in Adobe illustrator.
Ep. 4 - Vector basics / Selection & Direct selection tool
• In this tutorial I am going to talk about how creative elements work and how we can begin to operate in illustrator. In this video you will get a good understand of the basics so we can move on later and start building our own creative elements.
Ep. 5 - Fill & Stroke effects in Adobe Illustrator
• In this tutorial I am going to talk about Fill & Stroke effects in Adobe Illustrator.
Ep. 6 - Using Colour / Swatches / Pantone’s / Gradients & more
• In this tutorial I am going to talk about colour and demonstrate some colour effects and tools in adobe illustrator. In illustrator there are many ways to use colour. It all really comes down to what exactly you’re using the colour for.
Ep. 11 - The Blob brush tool & Eraser tool
• In this video we are going to be taking a look at the blob brush tool and the eraser tool. Now the blob brush tool allows us to draw similar to the brush tool by drawing freehand strokes. Though unlike the brush tool, the blob tool does not work along a vector path, the blob tool essentially creates and builds vector shapes.
Ep. 12 - Type tools in Adobe Illustrator
• In this video we are going to be focusing on type in Adobe Illustrator. It would be pretty tedious and difficult to create brochures, magazines, newspapers or books in this program but illustrator does offer a range of tools to be creative with type which you may find useful for logos, Tshirt designs, posters or book covers. In this tutorial we are going to be looking at the the Type tools on offer, and how we might use them.
Ep. 13 - Setting up a document / Placing in a drawing / Sketch
• In this video we are going to begin our project by setting up a document in Adobe illustrator for our poster and Tshirt design. Then we will be placing in a previously scanned drawing, and arranging the layers in such a way to prepare us to begin tracing it. I will be taking you through some of the details you need consider as we set up a new document. Later In this project we are going to convert the scanned drawing into vector artwork by using the drawing tools in illustrator. Once converted into vector artwork we will be able to apply stroke and colour effects in future.
Ep. 14 - Image trace tool for sketches in Adobe Illustrator
• In this video I will be showcasing a particular tool called the image trace tool, known in earlier versions of illustrator as the live trace tool. We will be taking a look at this tool, how it works, and later on I will be discussing its pro and cons and why we may, or may not want to use it.
Ep. 15 - Tracing a hand drawn sketch & Converting to vector artwork
• In this video, we are going to use the drawing tools in Adobe illustrator to trace a drawing. We are going to be using the pen tool, the brush tool, the blob brush tool and the Eraser tool to convert a scanned in sketch drawing into vector artwork. By the end of this tutorial you will be very familiar with the drawing tools and equipt with the knowledge to create your own artwork. I will also be sharing some of my tips and tricks.
Ep. 16 - Compounding vector shapes & strokes / Pathfinder Tool
• In this video I am going to demonstrate how we can take the vector drawing composition created in the previous video and compound it into a single flat vector. There are many good reasons to use this technique. The main reason why we are going to compound our vector is to help us add colour to the artwork in the next tutorial. In this video I will be also be demonstrating how to use the compounded shape vector as a stencil.
Ep. 7 - 10 Handy Tips / Things to know for beginners
• In this video I am going to cover 10 details in Adobe illustrator that you should know and be up to speed with before starting a project. The things I am going to cover in the next few minutes are things that are going to improve your workflow and help you create your artwork.
Ep. 8 - Creating shape vectors
• In this video we are going to be focusing on shape vectors. We are going to be creating a range of vector shapes then later look at how to manage multiple vectors in groups and then look at how to compound vectors.
Ep. 17 - Coloring a vector drawing in Adobe Illustrator
• In this video we are going to carry on from where we left off in the previous video and add color to our vector drawing. Now for this project we are creating artwork for both a printed poster and a T-shirt. In this video we are going to deal with CMYK colors and pantone colors and look at the approach for both the Poster design and the T-shirt design. What you will soon discover is that there are various technicalities we need to keep in mind to provide the right artwork for the printers.
Ep. 9 - Grouped vectors & Compounding vector shapes
• In this video we are going to be using some of the shapes created in episode 7 and learn how to create groups and compound vector shapes.
Ep. 18 - Adding type to a poster design in Adobe Illustrator
• In this video we are going to carry on from where we left off in the previous episode and using the type tools, continue to add some type elements to our poster and T-shirt design
Ep. 10 - Drawing with the Pen tool / Brush tool / Pencil tool & more
• In this video we are going to be covering the drawing tools. Along the way I’ll be demonstrating some techniques so you can get a good understanding of the possibilities you have in this program and what tools you may want to use for any given task.
Ep. 19 - Exporting ready for print in Adobe Illustrator
• In this video we are going to prepare the artwork for print. Getting your artwork complete to your design is one thing, tho making sure the printer receives your artwork to print it exactly to your design is another. Before I send my artwork to print, there are a few things I need to prepare, review and be certain are correct before sending the artwork off to be printed.